Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lemon Garlic Spaghetti

We have no frilly foods, meats, or vegetables in the house and grocery shopping was bumped when I had to drive all over town for wedding stamps I needed for a client. But I still did it! I didn't order pizza!



Here's a throw-together meal you may also be able to prepare in a pinch. I started with this recipe I found while pinteresting and turned it into something a guy might make.

Cook spaghetti for 4 - 6 people
Don't drain because we're going to use the cooking water!

Saute 3 to 4 garlic cloves chopped well in liberal oil
(I use grape seed or conola oil)
Add dried Basil to the oil and garlic

Now in a large bowl toss -
spaghetti
garlic, basil & oil
1/2 cup of pasta cooking water
3 or 4 tablespoons of lemon from the plastic fruit in the fridge
salt and pepper to taste
a hearty sprinkling of Parmesan cheese from the shaker until it's all covered a little when tossed

Pair with peas from the freezer or carrots. Not bad for scraping the bottom of the barrel!

I hope your new year is going GREAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment