Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Friendly Green Smoothie


Working overtime I've gotten lazy about my vegetables so I'm easing myself, and the children, back into it with a very friendly, Jamba Juice inspired, green smoothie. All the goodness and a spoon full of sugar to help the medicine go down. There are a lot of ingredients as I just went grocery shopping yesterday so feel free to take out a few you don't have but get yourself some orange sherbet it's the key to a friendly green drink.

Friendly Green Smoothie

1 celery stick
2 medium juicing carrots
1/3 cucumber
1 scoop of orange sherbet ice cream (that's the Jamba influence)
5 frozen strawberries
1/2 large banana
1 scoop plain greek yogurt
1 scoop vanilla Arbonne protein powder - optional
3 or 4 giant kale leaves (you'll have to squish to fit)
apple juice and water to blend

Very green and very good. I've made it two days in a row now.

No comments:

Post a Comment