Monday, November 14, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Chili


Sunday was the famous chili-lunch at church so it's time to share my winter favorite: Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Chili! I don't eat soup much but I'll eat a hearty chowder or this chili anytime! This one is not messing around!

I haven't used the actual recipe in a while. I actually just found it. My recipes are printed sheets of paper stuffed inside my Better Homes and Gardens Bridal cook book. One cook book of 4 I own. It's the biggest so it seems to make the best home.


This recipe was sent via e-mail from my fabulous sister-in-law and is now cut in two pieces as it almost died being mistaken for scrap paper at work! I'm editing it as I type to show exactly how I do it.

Throw in your crock pot in the am on low:
1 lb ground beef - brown and drain
15 oz tomato sauce
14 oz petite diced tomatoes
2 14 oz cans of chili beans drained
1/2 a large onion chopped and sauteed
two cloves of garlic chopped finely and sauteed with onions
(if you're feeling lazy onion powder and garlic powder will do)
1 1/2 tbsp of chili powder
1 pack of McCormicks chili seasoning
1/3 cup brown sugar

Taste for final sugar, spice, or salt additions.
Serve with cour cream and/or cheese.
Don't be afraid to double the recipe.


I can't believe I gave you the recipe. I like to be the one getting all the compliments. Use this power wisely!



No comments:

Post a Comment