Friday, October 21, 2011

My Chicken Strips



I'm sure there's a recipe out there for these but this is my version after a few years of making not as great chicken strips in a pan of oil or stuck to a baking sheet. I must thank Rachel Ray for teaching me about Panko crumbs and baking on a pan rack. She has a real nice baking rack-thing.... I don't know where to find it but it will be on my christmas list if she sells it. I made one from two $2.00 cooling racks I got at the grocery store.



They overlap and have larger slat sizes but work very well to get the chicken up off the pan and the hot air all around to crisp!

I used boneless, skinless thighs tonight
(they were on sale and we're broke...again)
Dip in Egg and Milk
Pat down in a bowl of
Panko Crumbs
Mashed up Croutons
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Garlic Powder
and my new Parsley Flakes for fun

These will help make a giant caesar salad fabulous! The breading is a little work but they are really great chicken strips or nuggets.


I asked Tim if I should line the baking sheet with foil (he does the dishes). He promptly replied I should line EVERYTHING with foil....


Enjoy! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment