Saturday, October 22, 2011

Linguine and Shrimp

Somehow my business gets Parenting Magazine for free now. I didn't know it before but now I really like it! So here's a plug for them. Last week I made a dish based on this recipe by "The Cake Boss".

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
In a baking dish toss 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and peper to taste
Roast for 10 minutes
Sprinkle with bread crumbs
Roast another 5 minutes

Boil Linguine

Sautee
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp chopped garlic
add 1 lb peeled/devained shrimp
3 to 4 minutes until cooked
add 1/2 cup chicken broth



Combine pasta, roasted tomatoes, and 2 cups of baby spinach

Toss well and serve.

Here's how I killed/modified the recipe:

I didn't have Linguine so I used spaghetti

I don't use olive oil - I use grape seed
(I'll post more on that next)

I only had a few cherry tomatoes in the garden
so I cut a few medium tomatoes in 4's.

I also didn't have spinach but I always have kale!
I sauteed it soft and threw it in. You couldn't tell the difference!

And one last tweak.
I felt like this would be better if after it was mixed up
I threw it in a cast iron skillet and put mozzarella cheese on top.
I slid it in the over for 15 minutes.
ahhh. That's the stuff!

Try it this way or my way (if you aren't on a diet).



No comments:

Post a Comment