Monday, October 24, 2011

Strawberry Asparagus Smoothie


Tim hates asparagus so we don't eat it much but I wanted to take it on in a smoothie. I google-looked for recipes of asparagus smoothies and they don't seem very popular. If you want to be daring try mine!

6 asparagus sticks
7 whole frozen strawberries
(I like to defrost, I feel like they have a little more flavor that way)

1 & 1/2 cups of plain greek yogurt
1 big squeeze of the honey bear
1 tsp vanilla
(or just get a sweeter vanilla yogurt)

5 ice cubes
(I always do this so it's nice and cold)
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup water

C baby and Tim(!) approved it. It has a good balance of flavors and a great consistency, just like a healthy milkshake.


Also try my original green smoothie recipes.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, you're amazing! I'm so going to follow you on here <3 thanks for the asparagus hints. I've been at a loss as to how to get them into my smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did 6 asparagus, 1 small container of greek strawberry yogurt, the strawberries (probably a few more than you used), about a cup of soy milk, and a spoon full of peanut butter. Turned out pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely L.O.V.E. peanut butter, I could eat it by the ginormous spoonful's and I have like a trillion smoothie recipes with peanut butter as the main ingredient. That being said, I'm going to try your recipe (and add a little more peanut butter ^.^). THANKS BOTH OF YOU GUYS FOR THESE AWESOME RECIPES!

      Delete